[Pibe-division] teaching braille and reading to English language learners

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Apr 19 16:09:54 UTC 2015

I am working with a family who recently adopted a young child from
China.  The child was in an orphanage and never learned anything about
reading and writing in Chinese.  The child is making great progress in
learning to communicate in English but I am trying to teach her the
alphabet and to understand that letters make words, words make
sentences...  I would appreciate any help from anyone who has worked
in a similar situation and also suggestions on articles and materials
that may be available to help me with this.  The student is being home
schooled at this time.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053