[Pibe-division] Braille Label Maker

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Sep 15 22:15:12 UTC 2015

We have been asked to circulate the following:

Waterbury, Connecticut – January 15th, 2015

LoganTech Assistive Technology Company

  launches a New Approach to Braille Label Making.

LoganTech, a leading provider in assistive
technology announces the launch of the 6dot
Braille Label Maker. This device is an expansion
of the early design by the 6dot Kickstarter
project. There is already a huge international
interest in this highly sought after device which
will hit the market in July as the company has
placed its final touches on the powerful and
unprecedented device. Unique in its portability
it offers exciting new opportunities for those
using Braille to expand their world.

“We are excited to launch the 6dot Braille Label
Maker which will help Braille users maintain
their independence and enhance many
opportunities. Embracing the early success of the
6dot we have built a more robust and flexible
unit which will change lives” says Glen Dobbs
President of LoganTech who acquired the 6dot
brand in 2012 to support its product development
and to expand their presence in the blind/low vision market.

6dot has been contributing to the Braille
community for four years now, the first version
of the Braille Label Maker rendered positive
results across the board, with 100 users actively
labeling, but nothing as incredible as this upgrade is projected to receive.

The 6dot Braille Label Maker has everything
Braille users need to create high quality Braille
labels in any language. Powerful but simple, 6dot
is ergonomically designed to make it easy for
children and adults of all ages to label
practically anything at home, school, the office,
or on the go.  The features of the Braille Label Maker are as followed:
·        Ergonomically designed to be portable and easy to use anywhere
·        Built in Braille keyboard supports all
grades of Braille in virtually every language
·        Powered embossing makes for high quality
Braille that can be accurately read
·        Optional QWERTY connectivity enables non Braillist to generate labels
·        Automatic cutter provides effortlessly
clean label cuts without the need for scissors
·        Dual power options, AC/DC adapters or
battery powering, extends the choice for users

Notes to editor

Attached to this press release are images of the 6dot Braille Label Maker.

President of LoganTech Glen Dobbs and VP of
Product management Robert Liebert will be
available for interviews by phone, Skype, or face to face.

This device will be available from LoganTech
directly and from our nationwide distributors.
For more information contact LoganTech
(203)721-7064, Email
<mailto:info at logantech.com>info at logantech.com, or
visit our website at