[Pibe-division] Prebraille

Martin Pardue robertpardue at opsb.net
Mon Dec 19 13:13:30 UTC 2016

To my understanding pre-braille is the equivalent of the prewriting and pre-literacy skills addressed in PreK. It can be used to ensure the student is prepared both physically and maturationally to be able to discriminate and process braille.

Tracking and discrimination/pattern building is precursory to reading braille if the student is learning first literacy. If the student is older and has understanding of the conventions of literacy, prebraille may or may not be necessary.