[Pibe-division] augmentative communication device visually impaired student

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Jan 7 19:57:57 UTC 2016

I just began working with an 9th grade student, 16 years old, who is
nonverbal.  I met him for the first time today but he appears to be
very low functioning.  I would like to explore an augmentative
communication device to see if he can use it to communicate with
people.  His visual acuity is 20 200 or less but it is hard to know
exactly what it is.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
I would like something that is portable.  I am aware of the ones that
you create with real objects.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053