[Pibe-division] {Spam?} FW: Assistive Cane Product Design Survey Request

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Mon Oct 17 20:36:48 UTC 2016

I have been asked to forward the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to on behalf of my product design team in Mechanical Engineering at The Ohio State University that is currently working on a Senior Capstone Project. My team is currently in the planning and discovering stage of product design for assistive canes. Our goal is to improve and incorporate intelligence in the walking cane for blind people. Some ideas that we have currently came up with were locating personal items, notify the user of fast traveling objects closing in like cars, and providing feedback to users about surroundings. However, we would like to tailor our product as closely and comfortable to the users.

Therefore, we have prepared some surveys to help us better understand the needs of the users. This will provide us with some ideas on the aspects that we can improve assistive canes.

This is the survey link for primary users, mainly blind or visually impaired person.
https://goo.gl/forms/fpaxwVKnCUoyCduz1

This is the survey link for secondary stakeholders, mainly caretakers, parents, teachers or people that interact with blind people.
https://goo.gl/forms/4OAL7qWmTNfCIau03

We truly appreciate your participation and feedback. If possible, please help us pass on these surveys. We thank you for helping us in the process of building a better tomorrow. Once again, thank you so much.

Best,

[cid:image002.png at 01D21FD7.96084600]
Amanda Leong
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
201 W 19th Ave,
Columbus OH 43210
614-843-8934 Mobile