[Pibe-division] Student's behavior

Martin Pardue robertpardue at opsb.net
Fri Oct 21 13:22:11 UTC 2016

Often referred to as a "blind-ism", it is a self stimulation often due to the lack of early age appropriate movement. The biggest thing is to make the student aware of the problem and the consequence it is having for others. If any other student was doing this, what would be the "normal" consequence?
     You can try and invent ways to keep the student so busy he is she has no time to stem, or you can help the student take ownership and responsibility for the socially awkward behavior. The sooner it is extinguished the better because these behaviors do not seem to fade over time.

Sent from my iPhone