[Pibe-division] Register Now for GITWL 2017

Eric Guillory eguillory at louisianacenter.org
Sat Nov 4 14:36:45 UTC 2017

Time is running out to register for the 13th Biennial Getting In Touch With Literacy Conference-to be held December 6-9, 2017 in beautiful New Orleans, Louisiana!

Visit www.gettingintouchwithliteracy.org<http://www.gettingintouchwithliteracy.org> for more information including a tremendously exciting and informative conference agenda, as well as details concerning pre-conference add-on sessions, a fantastic jazz dinner cruise<https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn82beoms0tunid/Dinner%20Jazz%20Cruise.docx?dl=0>, and conference t-shirt<https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8qik5yrh7mem5p/LSVI_GITWL_Shirt_Design.jpg?dl=0> selection.

Additionally, interested parties may sign up to take the National Certification in Unified English Braille (NCUEB) Exam at a 30% discount. Follow this link for more information<http://nbpcb.org/ncueb/>.

Travel and Weather

Of course, it is too early to predict what the weather will be like for our time in New Orleans but the average high at that time of year is 65 degrees, and the average low is 45 degrees. This webpage provides some good information about what we might expect<https://weatherspark.com/m/11799/12/Average-Weather-in-December-in-New-Orleans-Louisiana-United-States>.

Travel from the Airport: The Hilton New Orleans Riverside does not offer a shuttle service. However, taxis are readily available, as are Uber and Lyft. Taxi fares are approximately $40. Pricing for Uber and Lyft is subject to a variety of factors and may vary considerably.

Refunds

We understand that sometimes, plans change, and, we are willing to accommodate you as best we can, however, our conference costs require that we meet certain deadlines.
The following is our refund policy:

  *   Beginning November 6, 2017, we are able to offer 1/2 refund for registration costs, but no refund for pre-conference workshops, the riverboat cruise, or any t-shirts
  *   Beginning on November 27, 2017, we won't be able to refund any registration costs.

Thanks for your understanding on this issue.

We are so excited about this conference and would love to see you all in New Orleans very soon!

The GITWL Conference Team