[Pibe-division] Research Request on behalf the WBU

Edward Bell ebell at pdrib.com
Mon Oct 16 14:43:51 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am forwarding on a research request on behalf of the World Blind Union.
Szilvia Csuti is interested in comparing the lived experiences of blind
people in the United States as they compare to individuals in Hungry. She is
looking for 8-12 blind adults, so most people on this list will qualify. It
will be a personal interview by Skype or related service. Silvia's  purpose
statement and contact information is pasted below and attached is the
questions she plans to cover with you.

*** Message from Silvia ***

In my study, I'm comparing the quality of life of the blind people living in
Hungary and the United States of America. I wish to do this in the following
dimensions: social relationship (mainly informal company; friends, fellow
blind people, etc.), usage of special tools, everyday activities. I'm
looking for differences and similarities between the two countries. Feel
free to forward the interview-plan to the interviewees, but please tell them
that this is but a frame and if they venture into some other area which I
find relevant, I might also ask different questions as well.

the criteria for the interviewees: has to be an adult (21 and over) and
blind. I planned to record the interviews online, since I use Apple devices,
we can make the interview on Facetime with those for whom it's convenient,
but I'm also available on Skype and GTalk, and a Facebook-call has no
problems either. Regarding the time zone differene, next week (October 23rd
to 29th) we'll have the autumn break in the school, so I'll be available any
time, any day, whichever is the most suitable for the interviewees. From the
first week of November, I'll resume my internship, so I'd prefer
Friday-Saturday-Sunday. But if any of your clients prefers another time, I
can adapt. I would like the interviews "live", because if the interviewees
are reminded of a story by a question or if they have any other comments on
the subject, it's hard to write it down. Should you find more than 7-8
persons to help, I'd be very happy, since more is always better. Also, if
you can't find enough blind people, I'd be happy to listen to people with
low vision.

Sincerely,

Szilvia Csuti

Special education student

My contact info:

Phone: +36 (70) 616-2597 <tel:+36%2070%20616%202597>

E-mail: csuti.szilvia at gmail.com <mailto:csuti.szilvia at gmail.com>

Skype: greengirl_199

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC

Director, Professional Development and Research

Institute on Blindness

Louisiana Tech University

210 Woodard Hall

PO Box 3158

Ruston LA 71272

Office: 318.257.4554                      Fax: 318.257.2259 (Fax)
Skype: edwardbell2010

 <mailto:ebell at latech.edu> ebell at latech.edu
<http://www.pdrib.com> www.pdrib.com

"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops."

-- Stephen Jay Gould