[Pibe-division] Job Opening

Stewart/Deborah sdprost at cox.net
Sun Mar 31 11:50:29 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

My name is Deborah Prost and I am a teacher of blind students in Chesapeake,
Virginia.  I am retiring at the end of this school year, and am very
concerned that my students get a teacher of blind students who will have
high expectations of them, care about them as individuals, and have NFB
philosophy and needed qualifications.  At this point, the job description on
the website has a ridiculous requirement of "visual acuity" of which I was
unaware.  This requirement Is going to be changed.  I would encourage
qualified people to apply and ignore that.  It is ironic that I got the job
with no difficulty, have been doing it successfully for 17 years, and am
totally blind.

Here is the information:

The website is www.cpschools.com.

Here is the contact information for the person at Human Resources for the
job and for my supervisor.

Laurie Edgar (Human Resources)

Email: laurie.edgar at cpschools.com

Phone: 757-547-0153

Laurie Tibbetts, Special Education Administrator (Ms. Tibbetts is my
supervisor.)

Email: laurie.tibbetts at cpschools.com

Phone:  757-494-7600

I really appreciate being able to post this information on the PIBE list.  I
have students that I really hate to leave, and want them to have the right
teacher next year.

Deborah Prost