[Promotion-technology] The MTA

William ODonnell william.odonnell1 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 16:11:10 UTC 2008

By late January or early February, most of the booth workers in the subways or commuter rail stations will no longer be available.  I was just informed of this when I had the booth worker refill my monthly metro card.  The problem is that the machines will be the only option for riders to obtain metro cards or refill metro cards.  With this said, the machines have Braille and large print options for partially cited individuals on them; they, are not accessible to the totally blind with speech despite the headphone slot that is available on the unit.