[Promotion-technology] Fwd: DAISY Planet for August 2009 - Happy 2nd Anniversary DAISY Planet!

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Fri Aug 28 15:20:05 UTC 2009

David Andrews
Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave. W., #240
St. Paul, MN  55114-1840
(651) 642-0513  Office
(612) 730-7931  Cell
(651) 649-5927  Fax

>>> "Lynn Leith" <lynn.leith at gmail.com> 8/27/2009 6:13 PM >>>
Dear Members, Friends and Supporters of DAISY,

The August 2009 DAISY Planet is now available at:
http://www.daisy.org/news/newsletters/planet-2009-08.php. This is our
second
anniversary issue.

So much has happened over the past two months, that this issue is
absolutely
packed with information and updates (that's what we get for doing away
with
the July issue!). There is a great deal of news about the IDPF
standards,
EPUB in particular, and what it all means to the DAISY community.

"Your Story" this month is Kenny Johar's story. Special thanks to Kenny
for
taking the time to meet with me for an interview while he was in
Toronto
Canada at a DAISY Online meeting.

Many thanks to those of you who submitted ideas and or comments for
this
issue, and especially to those who have contributed over the past two
years.

Please keep your letters and suggestions coming. All are greatly
appreciated. If you or someone you know has a suggestion, story or news
share with the DAISY Planet readers, let us know using the Contact Us
form
on the DAISY Web site (http://www.daisy.org/contactus/ selecting the
"DAISY
Planet Newsletter" category). Letters to the Editor are, as always,
most
welcome.

Please forward this email to everyone you know who may be interested
in
reading about DAISY, the DAISY Consortium and other topics of interest
the DAISY community.

All members of our mailing lists receive "The DAISY Planet".

Kind regards to all,
Lynn
=======
Lynn Leith,