[Promotion-technology] The new iPhone

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Jun 11 02:54:59 UTC 2009

Hi all,

For those who might be curious how the iPhone is meant to work, an how
or whether we can use it efficiently (or as efficiently as a sighted
person would), I offer this page from Apple. It appears to have a
summary of how using the touch screen would work. I think one could be
relatively efficient with it, since you can, for instance, drag a
finger over the keyboard, find the letter you want, then tap (even
with a second finger and not lift your hand from the screen) to
activate it. I can see how this could be nearly as fast as thumb
typing on a PDA. No, I'm sure no one will write War And Peace on the
iPhone, but I do think this may well work out nicely for what one is
meant to do with an iPhone. Just go to this link and explore the
Voiceover section of links. Not sure how this page will work with all
screen readers as it seems to refresh and change its content depending
on what link you click; you might have to turn the thingy that
inhibits your autorefresh from your screen reader off; I'm not sure,
as I read this with Safari under Leopard. Worked great, BTW :)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to/#accessibility.iphone3gs-accessibility-features

Buddy