[Promotion-technology] Companion and Unzipping Files

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu May 7 21:28:45 UTC 2009

I am virtually certain that the answer is "no". In fact, I suspect that
the minimal unzip that the Humanware Companion does with talking books
does not include use of decompression algorithms as NLS books are not
compressed but merely use the zip file format to coherently group all
files in a talking book into one archive. Put another way, the Humanware
Companion merely reads the zip file directory to determine offsets and
sizes of the various files within the archive for extraction to the book
subfolder.

Bottom line: you'll have to use the Windows unzip facility or the unzip
facility of another program and create the folders with the resulting
files in them for the "other Books" folder manually. Humanware Companion
will copy these folders to the $VROtherBooks" folder on your Stream just
fine, though.

Mike Freeman