[Promotion-technology] reading CDs using new NLS digital player

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Jan 1 22:58:13 UTC 2010

Ed:

If you have the "Advanced" player, the Info key, will give you
information about where you are in a book -- not as a percentage, but
in time.  The info key is the left most key, in the row of five keys
above the sleep crescent-shaped key.

The player will play MP3 files, so you can move them to a thumb or
USB drive and play them.  You say you bought a 2 gig flash card.  If
you bought a SD card, and card reader -- this will probably not work
with the player.  You need a thumb or USB drive, not a card, and card reader.

Whether or not the player will access two or more books on the thumb
drive depends on its firmware.  The original players could only
handle one book per medium -- there was a firmware upgrade however,
which will handle multiple books.  You will have to ask your Library
if they updated the machine, or get the version number of firmware, I
can't remember the keystrokes to do that, I think pressing sleep key 10 times.

Dave