[Promotion-technology] Portable enlargers for handwriting

Drenth, Joe Joe.Drenth at JBTC.COM
Tue Jun 1 20:52:28 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a handheld or small, one-piece, portable enlarger
that has at least 7x magnification and which is capable of  enlarging
while you write with a pen or pencil under its view?   Anything that
takes assembly or set-up to use, or which requires its own laptop-like
case to carry is too big.  I am  particularly interested in being able
to read and sign receipts in restaurants and stores and to be able to
sign paperwork at work when I am not near my CCTV.

I've been using a PICO for about two years for reading things that do
not fit under my CCTV or to read things away from home, but even though
the product information claims you can write under it, you have to
either hold it at an angle - in which case it does not focus correctly -
or you have to hold it high above the paper - in which case it either
does not focus or the magnification is not enough for me to figure out
if the pen tip is in the right spot.  I've gotten frustrated trying to
use it to sign a receipt at a restaurant.

I would appreciate any knowledge or experience anyone has to offer.

Thank you very much,

Joe

Joseph Drenth
R&D Software Engineer