[Promotion-technology] Please Help!

Neil Vosburgh ndvosburgh at comcast.net
Sat May 29 23:48:25 UTC 2010

Hi every one:  I am Neil Vosburgh, the current President of the Tacoma/Pierce County chapter of the NFB.  I have been given through the generous assistance of one of our state agencies a great deal of items which will enable me to use such things as a Dell computer with Windows Xp and the current version of Jaws 11, and many software programs which will enhance my ability to compose/arrange music.  One problem, I have no training on any of this great stuff, but I would love to learn since I believe that music is my particular way of communicating.  Unfortunately, the Department of Services for the Blind here in Washington are attempting to direct me other wise.  I would love to see them assist me in developing some business cards so I could circulate to various memorial places and also sing for weddings etc.  Also, I have been told that one of the software programs that scann for correct notation would need sighted assistance.  That drives me nuts!  You would thing that technology sold to blind and visually impaired people would be entirely usable for those who purchase it.

I am thinking of an "Audible editor" which would enable me as a totally blind person to operate the device and be able to scann my printed music.  Any ideas?  Please feel free to contact me at: ndvosburgh at comcast.net.  Any and all persons are welcome to contactme any time.  Thanks for your help and suggestions.  Warmest Regards:  Neil G. Vosburgh