[Promotion-technology] DVS and Dish Network

Sam Joehl sam.joehl at ssbbartgroup.com
Mon Nov 1 13:20:39 UTC 2010

Ed,

The recent passage of the 21st Century Communications and Video
Accessibility Act will increase the availability of video description
along with requiring providers to carry the content over their network and
making digital set-top boxes accessible. It will likely only apply to
digital TV but at least you know that soon DISH will be required by law to
carry the DVS feed. To learn more about the Act go to www.coataccess.org.