[Promotion-technology] stream vs. BookPort+?

Curtis Chong curtischong at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 14:19:17 UTC 2010

Greetings:

I have both a Victor Reader Stream and the Book Port Plus.  The $299 price on the Book Port Plus is still in effect.

>From my perspective, both of these machines are great for reading NLS books from BARD and books from Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic.  If I may say so, the Book Port Plus tends to have a better class of audio recorder as compared to the Stream; it has the ability to record either through a microphone or from the line out of a cassette deck or other analog audio device.  Also, the Book Port Plus has a speaker that is slightly louder than the Stream; I use it to read books on the way to work every day without benefit of ear buds<smile>.

My only real complaint about the Book Port Plus has to do with how it handles music and audio books that are, in actuality, MP3 files.  As of right now, it treats both music files and audio MP3 book files identically and does not recognize or honor any folder trees in music files that you may have created to better organize your music.  Other than that, I find the Book Port Plus to be quite comparable with the Victor Reader Stream and, in some cases, better.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong