[Promotion-technology] Looking for an OCR book recorder

Oso Calmo osocalmo at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Oct 1 00:55:05 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm looking for a software that would allow me to scan books, convert them
to audio and record them as MP3 files.

I would like to scan the books or other material I wont to read and, then,
listen to those files in an mp3 player when I'm away from my computer.  I
could play them on my computer and record them with Goldwave or some other
program, but I don't wont to spend hours doing that.  I know that there are
some tts engines that would make a wave file from a long text in some
seconds or minutes.
If you know a program that does what I wont to do, please let me know.  I'm
using Windows XP with Jaws 11.  I don't have plans to change to Mack.  A
program that also supports Spanish might be better for me, since I might
read some books in Spanish too.
If possible, please let me know about the voice quality of the tts engine
they use if they are not well-known.
Also I would like to know if it takes too long to convert long texts, such
as an entire book.

I'm not sure if this topic is off this list.  If so, please let me know to
which list I should write.

Thanks