[Promotion-technology] Looking for Accessible Two Way Radios for Non-Hams

Silberman, Kenneth A. (GSFC-1600) kenneth.a.silberman at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 3 19:15:40 UTC 2012

Does anyone know of a good, accessible two-way radio (walkie-talkie) that does not require a ham license?  I'm looking for such radios for our community emergency response team.  The end user needs to be able to pick it up and use it without a lot of training.  I'm not so concerned about band.  They can be CBs, FRS/GMRS, MURS, etc.  I also don't care about PL tones.  I want to get radios that I can use because it's my decision!  Thanks.

Ken