[Promotion-technology] Fwd: Echolocation device (open source, all on github)

mb m108b108 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:58:27 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I made an open source device that simulates echolocation, as it would be
heard if the sound would travel 100 times slower.
It might be easiest to understand what it is about, if you check the
examples on the project's website:

http://sonic-sight.org/
http://sonic-sight.org/examples.html

Everything is open source, with total cost of all parts at approximately
300 USD (Raspberry Pi + intel D435 depth vision camera).

I would like to know what you think about this device, and if you think
that it could be useful to completely blind people ?
The videos also visually present a part of how the device works, so I think
a sighted person would be best suited to evaluate its usefulness from the
videos alone,
but I would also be interested to know if the sound of the videos (see
description of the videos) makes sense to a blind person.

And happy new year !

Best regards,
mb