[Pvc-nfbco] August 2014 meeting minutes, plus more

Alison Utter autter at frii.com
Mon Sep 1 16:22:52 UTC 2014

Hi list:

Attached are the minutes from our meeting on the second of August. If you
need me to change anything about them so that they're easier to read, please
e-mail me back at autter at frii.com and let me know.

Several other things were discussed, but not voted on, at the August
meeting. First, state convention is coming up. It will be from October 30th
to November 2nd, and we hope to see a lot of you there. NFB of Colorado is
offering some financial assistance if you're unable to pay for it yourself;
if you really feel that you need it, contact Scott Labarre at
slabarre at labarrelaw.com or at (303)504-5979.

We didn't manage to get a BELL programme in Fort Collins this yer, but we're
hoping to make that possible in the future. We just need to find enough
children to make it doable. We're also thinking of "re-packaging" the
programme to appeal to parents of low-vision children who may not believe
their child needs to learn Braille. If you have suggestions, please send
them to Jessica Beecham, or to me, and I will pass them on.

And finally, a quick reminder that our next meeting is going to be the 6th
of September at our usual location: Old Chicago on College.

Take care,

Alison

--

"And stars don't care what you wish, and magic don't make things better, and
no one doesn't get burned who sticks their hand in a fire."

- Terry Pratchett, 'Witches Abroad'.