[Quietcars] Fwd: Crossing light rail tracks

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 01:12:51 UTC 2008

Good day my quiet car friends.

I send this query from Ben on the NABS list with the hope that some of
you hear might be able to help. As Michael Townsend has said in the
past on this list, guide dogs may help reduce (though not eliminate)
the dangers posed by light rail trains at intersections, I'm curious
as to how a cane user would make this crossing safely. I haven't been
to an NFB training center, but would be curious as to the considered
opinion of those centers on the best way to do this -- other than, of
course, for the train to sound like a train and make some noise!

Many thanks in advance,
Corbb

-----
Corbb O'Connor
studying at the National University of Ireland, Galway

Begin forwarded message: