[Quietcars] 2009 Washington Seminar Materials

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Sat Jan 31 14:11:03 UTC 2009

Bob, you brig up some very valid points; first, reporting the accident at
the time of the accident, which means that you must either have had a
cellular hone on you or someone with you or around you could have reported
the accident for you.  It might be well to learn how to take a picture if
things around you, too.  This may not be possible, given that there are ore
important things to be concerned with, like your safety and health after the
accident.

Critical data, like the type and color and make of car may be factors on
which studies are interested, and for the most part, a blind person can't
tell a Toyota from a Dodge Neon.  I had ears that were tuned into the older
cars, and their exhaust notes gave them away  Also starter motors were key
factors in determining a Chrysler from a GM product.

Second point is that pedestri9ans should be wearing light colored clothing
when out, especially when it is dusk or dark.  Seeing ?Eye has an option for
one to purchase what is essentially a crossing guard's best which I use at
night when I walk,  The lights reflect off of the special tape positioned on
the vests and you can be seen for a long while.

Tans, Bob.