[Quietcars] Prius Rumor

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Thu Sep 10 16:44:39 UTC 2009

Deb, Mike T here.  Took me some time, but this goes back a while in the
Toyota Motor News archives:

http://toyota-motors.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html
Noise-cancelling Toyota Crown zeroes out sounds at head height
Monday, September 8, 2008 at
5:55 PM
 Posted by Becky
english/NEWS_EN/20080619/153489/
As astutely pointed out by our friends at The Red Ferret Journal, it's a bit
odd
to see hybrid car makers cutting down on noise while electric car makers are
looking to add it back in
, but Toyota's silence isn't of the kill-a-biker sort. Toyota has worked
internal
noise-canceling into its new Crown hybrid, with microphones to pick up
engine and
road noise, and then speakers to blast out antiphase versions of those
noises at
head height. Toyota claims it can cut noise by around 5 to 8dB.
[ Via:
TRFJ
 ]
[ Tag: crown,hybrid,noise cancelling,NoiseCancelling,toyota ]
Labels: