[Quietcars] Off Topic: Census number and results.

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Wed Apr 14 00:01:10 UTC 2010

Earlier today, I received and posted to some lists, info from the NFB
regarding census info, i.e.., a phone number where one could call, etc.

That dial in number is:   866 8726868.

I am happy to report that I called this number and was able to fill out the
census form without problems, and my number has been counted.  The
information on the form is quite redundant, and there is nothing invasive
about filling out such form.  It asks merely for your race, gender, age of
the person filling out this form, number of persons in the household where
the person resides, and nothing more.

I was interested in the term of race listed as "negro", however.

"I am accustomed to hearing malicious falsehoods about myself...but I think
I have
a right to resent, to object to, libelous statements about my dog."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Mike Townsend and Seeing Eye dog Brent
Dunellen, New Jersey  08812
emails:  mrtownsend at optonline.net;