[Quietcars] Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act

Robert Wilson bwilson4web at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 12 05:53:20 UTC 2010

Comments inserted.

> From: drevans at bellsouth.net
> To: quietcars at nfbnet.org
> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:15:43 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Quietcars] Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act
>

> Dear All,
>
> I do believe that cameras are a good idea, but I think that an audible
> warning sound should also be mandatory as well and is a less costly and
> easier fix that can be applied to all vehicles even now.
This is the URL to the Cameron Gulbransen regulation that is out for comment, NHTSA-2010-0162-0002.pdf:NHTSA-2010-0162-0002.pdf
It is a substantial document, 65 pages that throughly covers the engineering and safety aspects of backup cameras and a credit to NHTSA. They can do a quality job and this document is through and outstanding.
Bob Wilson