[Quietcars] Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 14 01:58:46 UTC 2010

Dear Bob,

I have not had time to read the document as yet,but I want you to know that
I am not opposed the back up cameras at all.
I just feel that there are some other measures , such as an audible beeper
and flashing of the rear lights that should also be added to the mix.
It is impossible to anticipate all of the situations and combinations of
which are possible.
Frankly, nothing is 100% fool proof.  I know as my work in both aerospace
and Nuclear power has shown me.
Someone out there is ahead of us and inventing better and better fools every
day.
I guess that if we could think of everything that could, might, should, has
or will happen, then we would have done it already.  We would not be having
these conversations.
I believe that it is a very long process and it will never be perfect or
even finished.  Until then we just go on and keep doing the best we each can
to make it all work out right in the end.
Maybe when A.I. gets to the point that our cars are self aware and know and
keep track of everything around them and know just what every other vehicle
or driver is planning to do and is trying to do, cars will be safer.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.