[Quietcars] Quieter trains a risk to walkers, USA Today, 04/05/10

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Wed Jul 21 19:52:14 UTC 2010

In my neighborhood I have to cross train tracks to walk up to the main
business street.  Fortunately there is a bell that rings as a signal when
the train is coming.  However, I have heard that in some communities people
are complaining about these warning sounds, even at legitimate pedestrian
crossings.  So we may need to keep on top of this issue.

Debbie