[Quietcars] Passenger defeatable systems.

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri May 28 20:46:55 UTC 2010

Dear Mike,

Those of us who've been working on the "quiet car legislation" for the past
several years are concerned with precisely the issues you raise.  The fact
that the two major manufacturing consortiums have signed on - the Alliance
of Automobile Manufacturers and the Alliance of International Automobile
Manufacturers - reflects the fact that people in the industry share our goal
of establishing a universal standard.  The level of co-operation we have
obtained thus far has been very encouraging.  This even holds true in
Congress - the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act (HR734 and its Senate
counterpart, S841), as a stand-alone bill, was one of the most bipartisan
bills making its way through the legislature.  May this support continue in
the critical weeks and months to come!

Debbie