[Quietcars] Quiet vehicle warning sounds

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Sat Dec 17 16:32:00 UTC 2011

Bob this is good, but I think that this is the noise when the car is moving
up to a certain speed; am I correct on this?

American car manufacturers have done little to employ techynology or
enginuity to this problem. It is far easier to get a law passed than to
implement it as we shall be seeing.  Nissan,
Tesla and Lotus have been working on this, and
Volvo has a pedestrian safety system that brakes the car when it sees
pedestrians
Chevy
Volt's system is driver negotiable, but I think that the
Ford
Focus electric which is coming out, has some warning systems built in.

However on a different note altogether, the hybrid offerings from
Ford like the
Escape and
Fusion, are being phased out since they are less than steller sellers.

There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.

Mike Townsend and Seeing Eye dog Brent
Dunellen, New Jersey  08812
emails:  mrtownsend at optonline.net
         michael.townsend54 at gmail.com