[Quietcars] What should Ford's new Focus EV sound like?, Autoblog Green, June 23, 2011

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Wed Jul 13 00:07:35 UTC 2011

The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) is taking
the mandate of the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act very seriously.  A
number of staffers are working full-time to arrive at the sound level and
range of acceptable sounds that will be required in 2014.  Chirps and tweets
and bongs are definitely out.

Debbie