[Quietcars] Jerry Brown signs driverless car bill

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Wed Sep 26 22:13:24 UTC 2012

Thanks for that very interesting article.  As I understand it, the
technology involved in the Google car is no better, and perhaps nnot as
good, as the technology involved in the Blind Driver Challenge vehicle.  A
driverless car will require a means for the person riding in it to exercise
control.  That interface must be accessible to blind people.  Also, we need
to have a means of overriding if necessary.