[Quietcars] Fwd: [Nfbf-l] If you are following the driverless car d evelopments, you'll be interested in the follow ing event

Robert Wilson bwilson4web at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 00:14:47 UTC 2013

Legislation mandating noise generators on hybrid and electric cars has been in place for nearly two years. Manufactures of these vehicles have already implemented preliminary systems pending NHTSA standards being issued. So my question is:
Has anyone noticed these noise generating cars?Are there any impressions about how effective the different makes and models are?
The reason I ask is I don't hear them in traffic. There are enough new hybrids in Huntsville that there have been opportunities to hear them. But the other traffic appears to have masked them, at least to this driver.
Thanks,Bob Wilson