[rehab] (no subject) rehab counselor

Jan Bailey jb021951 at charter.net
Mon Jun 8 00:11:07 UTC 2009

I have been one  for over 30 years. Here are a list of tasks a counselor has
to do:
determine eligibility, write plans, do case dictations, fill out
applications and releases, make referrals, help with job placement,
authorize for services, write lots of e-mails, and make lots of phone calls,
go to I E P  meetings on transition students, arrange for testing and eye
exams, go to staffings, encourage your customers and help them see the value
of services, help them have high expectations and to have a positive
attitude about blindness,, persuade them to get good adjustment to blindness
training, close cases, arrange for services, help them get technology
evaluations, refer them for talking book services, find information they
request, tell them about their rights, CAP and informed choice, and about
their right to confidentiality,  and that's just a partial list. I'm sure
I've forgotten something.

Jan