[rehab] Minnesota Director position to open

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Mon Jun 15 13:32:12 UTC 2009

Hi, everybody,

I just wanted you all to know that the director of Minnesota State Services
for the Blind, Chuk Hamilton, is retiring, and the state will soon be
accepting applications for the position.  I have not seen a position
description yet, but have requested one and will post it when I get it.
Perhaps the agency will post it to this list too; I don't know.  It is a
civil service position, not a political one, so there is some job security.
The pay is pretty good too.  We need somebody with good attitudes about
blindness, experience working with blind people, solid administrative
experience, and a commitment to partnership with consumers.  I do not know
to what extent the agency will involve members of the NFB of Minnesota in
the selection process, but one of our members is chair of the Rehab Council
for the Blind, and hopefully will have some influence on the process and/or
outcome.  If you have questions, e-mail me at ddavis at blindinc.org.  Don't
reply to the entire list.

Dick Davis

BLIND, Inc.