[rehab] Your Question About Psychological Evaluations

O'Neal, Mike MikOneal at DSB.WA.GOV
Thu Mar 5 23:30:35 UTC 2009

Merisa,

Those tests are generally administered to low-vision and blind customers
at DSB in 2 ways:
1)  Orally in a natural but somewhat monotone voice to avoid
interjecting any emphases thereby making the testing results invalid
2)  Magnification through low-vision aids or hand-held CCTV

Ideally, these tests would all be available online and accessible to
JAWS, SuperNova, ZoomText, Magic, WindowEyes, etc.

If you yourself are totally blind or have no usable residual vision you
would probably require a sighted reader to assist if the customer was
also blind.  I've been a Rehab. Counselor for almost 14-years and have
some low-vision left in my left eye and I can and have administered
these tests and the Wonderlic.  But, my assistant who is a sighted young
lady now administers these for me and I summarize, quote from, and
review the results with my customers.  Many other interest tests are
available online and customers with usable vision complete those while I
have read these and entered the answers for blind customers.

I hope this answers some of your questions.  I'm sure there are others
out there with probably more experience and more thoughtful answers.

Best of luck in your studies!

 Michael O'Neal, M.Ed., CRC
 Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor III
 WA State Department of Services for the Blind
 206.721.6412; mikoneal at dsb.wa.gov