[rehab] Rehab Teacher job, New Jersey

Edward Bell ebell at latech.edu
Tue Jul 20 18:43:51 UTC 2010

Dear University Administrator or Career Developer:

The New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired, a State agency, is seeking to recruit full-time Rehabilitation Teachers for the blind and visually impaired.  The location is the Commission’s Toms River office located near the Jersey Shore.

Our Rehabilitation Teachers provide field instruction and counseling to newly blinded persons to adjust to the loss of vision.  Candidates must have a Bachelors Degree in one of the behavioral or social sciences and MUST be able to read and teach Braille.  Starting salary $43K.  Excellent employee benefits including medical/dental/prescription, and pension.

Feel free to refer eligible graduates or alumni.  If they are interested, ask them to fax or e-mail:

(a) cover letter

(b) resume

to "Attn: CBVI-Rehab Teacher" at (732) 255-0949 or EMAIL to margaret.stroud at dhs.state.nj.us

The N.J. Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired is a great place to work.  We encourage professional development and offer a rewarding career to qualified individuals.  We look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks for your assistance.  EOE

F. Marcus Stabile, Esq.

Director, Human Resources

Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Post Office Box 47017

Newark, New Jersey  07101-47017

Office (973) 648-4795

Fax  (973) 693-5034

"The idea of brotherhood redawns upon the world with a broader significance than the narrow association of members in a sect or creed."  Helen Keller, 1903.

This E-mail, including any attachments, may be intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the sender and recipient(s) named above. This message may include advisory, consultative and/or deliberative material and, as such, would be privileged and confidential and not a public document. Any Information in this e-mail identifying a client of the Department of Human Services or the Department of Children and Families is confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it and you must delete this message. You are requested to notify the sender by return e-mail.

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC
Director, Professional Development and Research
Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158