[rehab] Grant reviewing for OSERS/RSA

Edward Bell ebell at latech.edu
Mon Jun 7 20:53:43 UTC 2010

Dear Rehab/NOMC friends,

As you know, many of our programs survive from grants that are provided by the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) and/or through other OSERS programs. As part of that process, we are at the mercy of the peer-review process. That is, all applications any of us submit for funding are reviewed by professionals from the field, which in 99% of the time comes from AER and/or conventionally minded individuals.

This note is to encourage each and every one of you to submit your name to RSA for consideration to be a grant reviewer for RSA/OSERS programs. If we ever hope to have any of our programs and projects to have a fair chance of funding, we need to also make sure that we are part of that review process. I have just submitted my name, and I encourage you to do the same. This not only helps our own cause, but can also be helpful to your own resume.

If interested, you need to send your resume to the RSA contact. Her name is:
Traci DiMartini
Dimartini, Traci

She told me that interested persons need to send in their resume to her and to indicate in their e-mail that they would like to be considered for grant reviewing/peer reviewing of RSA/OSERS programs.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this important process.

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC
Director, Professional Development and Research
Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158