[rehab] Rehabilitation

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun May 2 16:46:28 UTC 2010

I'm not in Florida, but I've come to the conclusion that the VR agency in my
state has the same philosophy you suggest.  Can't have those blind people
getting uppity thinking they can go to work and be productive.  I do not
understand the philosophy, but the overall behavior of the agency over time
suggests no other explanation.  Crazy!  But what can you do except gather
documentation and hope you can find a way to use it productively.

There are a limited number of highly competent professionals at the
agency....  They're actually blind.  One requires high-level permission to
even suggest speaking to one of them when it comes to whichever area they
specialize in them.  Very weird, but I've been coming up against that one
for years, too.  At first I thought that impression was me being silly, but
since a couple of them specialize in the area in which I used to specialize
professionally, I keep running up against steel/titanium reinforced
lead-shielded barriers from the VR side and administration.  Again, same
weird.

Okay, sorry to hop on your bandwagon and rant, but you do make a good point.
Sorry you lost Christeen, especially if, as you suggest, she was dismissed
for inappropriate competence.

We keep working!

Tami Smith-Kinney