[rehab] RRTC Grant review

Edward Bell ebell at latech.edu
Fri Sep 17 18:00:52 UTC 2010

Dear O&M and Rehab Colleagues,

Several weeks ago I posted to this list an opportunity for you to submit
your name as a reviewer for the Rehabilitation Research and Training Center
on Blindness/Low Vision grant competition.

It was recently brought to my attention that at least one individual was
rejected as a reviewer for this competition on the basis of membership in
the NFB. I do not know if this is true, but wanted to ask each of you to
e-mail me off this list at:

ebell at latech.edu

Let me know:

1.       Whether you applied to be a reviewer, and

2.       If  you were accepted or rejected, and if any reason was given in
the latter case.

Thanks,

Eddie

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC
Director, Professional Development and Research
Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158
Ruston LA  71272
318.257.4554 (Office)
318.257.2259 (Fax)
 <mailto:ebell at latech.edu> ebell at latech.edu
 <http://www.latech.edu/instituteonblindness>
www.latech.edu/instituteonblindness
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
-- Stephen Jay Gould