[rehab] Justification Letter

Eddie K. Thieszen-Culp eddie.culp at q.com
Fri Apr 8 01:18:34 UTC 2011

Greetings RJ:

I think that this letter is a good start.  Your foundation is very good and
it is clear which direction you wish for your voc rehab program to go.

I would suggest that you focus I on the vocational impat of training rather
than just the emotional connection to the outcomes of the CCB.  I believe
that you need both in your letter.

For instance, you should say how the structured discovery method  will
assist you in being able to go anywhere at any time which in turn will make
you more marketable and confident.

Also you stated that you wanted to return to school to obtain a degree in
rehabilitation.  it would be good to stress how the skills you learn at CCB
will assist you in being a role model to future your future consumers.

In addition many people at CCB have rehab experience and mention how this
could be valuable to your future career.

Remember, because you are switching to the "job track" then everything
should relate to employment.

As a former rehabilitation counselor, I was not very fond of justifications
mentioning friends at certain programs thus I always advised my consumers to
say according to there research graduates of the CCB gain an outlook that is
positive or something similar.

I like the line about becoming a tax paying citizen because ultimately it is
bulletproof.

If I can help you more please let me know.

I apologize for the brevity of my comments but just remember that every
point you make should be specifically tied to your vocational goal.

Please remember that at Mile High Counseling and Vocation Services "we are
in business for your success".

Thank you,

Eddie K. Thieszen - Culp M.A., CRC, CVE
Mile High Counseling and Vocation Services
3742 E. 99th Pl.
Thornton, CO. 80229
Phone: 720-244-9748
Fax:  303-280-4927