[rehab] NFB Convention Employment Seminar

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 18:36:51 UTC 2011

Congratulations.  I like your planning approach.  Will any of the seminar be
streamed, do you know?  Orlando is looking doubtful for me, but I would love
to soak in all that yummy information!

One thing I would still find really helpful is learning strategies for
discussing the needs for adaptive tech with employers, as well as how to go
about working them to acquire it.  I know a lot more than I did when I
needed that with my last employer.  Nevertheless, I find myself doing a lot
of wondering and researching trying to figure out exactly how I plan to
handle that facet of getting myself hired in an interview and then on the
job.  A discussion of successful strategies from people with experience in
the matter would be terrific!

If I think of any other ideas, I'll let you know.  Brian already covered my
first thought about federal government jobs. /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney