[rehab] Does "cane elbow" exist for anyone else?

Sammons, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Sammons at rsc.ohio.gov
Mon Aug 15 12:54:17 UTC 2011

Colleagues,

I have used a white cane for more than 30 years, since childhood. This summer my right elbow has started to ache, especially when I've taken a walk, and my husband is suggesting that even as some people develop tennis elbow, perhaps I have developed "white cane elbow." I am just curious about whether any of you have experienced or heard of this situation and if so, what you've done? I am training myself to use my left hand and cane for the moment.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Elizabeth Sammons