[rehab] Using Sleep Shades in Chapter and State Affiliate-SponsoredBraille Classes

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Tue Aug 16 19:39:09 UTC 2011

Hi Mary:

I'm not writing or speaking for or on behalf of any affiliate.  I am WRITING
AND SPEAKING EXCLUSIVELY for myself!  I HAVE NEVER EVER learned to read and
write Braille and even use a typewriter using sleep shades!  And, for the
records, I do have LIGHT PERCEPTION.  Of course, I did MUCH OF MY LEARNING
as it pertains to Braille and typing in a third country.  There, I was
encouraged to use whatever I have if it would help me learn better.

To me, imposing the use of sleep shades on any student desiring to learn is
a bad idea and is an infringement on the right(s) of such student(s).

Lastly for the records, I was not taught Braille or typing by totally blind
individuals; but even then, my piano teacher, who was blind, never FORCED ME
to use sleep shades whilst I was playing with the idea of READING BRAILLE
MUSIC.  Today I can read Braille in French, Spanish, English and a few other
languages; I never had to use SLEEP SHADES of any kind in order to
accomplish this task.  Just my two centimes, and I guess it might get me
deeper in trouble <smile!!>

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado