[rehab] Questions

Alicia Richards alicianfb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:32:37 UTC 2011

Hello, everyone. I posted something very similar to this on the Human Services mailing list, but I thought perhaps I might get different information here, on a list aimed more for rehabilitation professionals.  I hope that cross-posting is allowed?  If not, my apologies to the moderator of this list.  My questions are below.

1. Most schools require either the GRE, or GMAT. I am familiar with the GRE, though I have not taken it yet. However, I know little about the GMAT.  Can someone tell me more about it?  How is it different from the GRE?  Does it test for different academic areas?

2. My undergraduate degree is in mental health counseling. However, as time has gone by, I realize that I also have a passion for rehab counseling. At first, I thought I would have to choose one degree or the other: the mental health field, or the RC one.  However, I am lately learning of schools that certify a person in both rehab and mental health counseling?  Have any of you heard of this?  If so, do any of you hold such duel certifications?

I would appreciate whatever information any of you could give me. Thanks in advance!

Alicia