[rehab] Massage therapy training

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Fri Oct 28 16:43:32 UTC 2011

   Hi,
I wanted to let you all know about CenterPoint Massage and Shiatsu Therapy
School and Clinic in Minneapolis.  Their website is
www.CenterPointMN.com<http://www.centerpointmn.com/>. They
have a great attitude about blindness, all their textbooks and materials are
accessible, and they are actively recruiting blind people as students.  One
of our graduates is currently enrolled there, and thinks they are
wonderful.  Their tuition is reasonable, about the same as a state
university.  Massage therapy is a growing profession because more and more
clinics and hospitals are incorporating alternative therapies in their
patient treatment.  If any of you, or the people you serve, are interested
in massage therapy as a profession, I suggest you contact them and learn
more about what they have to offer.  Michele Reid, their admissions manager,
can be reached at 952-562-5220 or at Admissions at CenterPointMN.com.  They are
developing a partnership with us, so it is possible for someone to go
through adjustment to blindness training at BLIND, Inc. and then go to
CenterPoint.  Since they have a national reputation, you would be able to
return to your home state, and would not have to remain in Minnesota, unless
you wanted to.