[rehab] I Phone help

Floyd, Fatos fatos.floyd at nebraska.gov
Fri Sep 2 19:08:51 UTC 2011

I guess I forgot the instructions, sorry.
 ipad gestures

iPad VoiceOver Gestures
Safari
It may be important to note that, like most iPad applications, Safari is far more comfortable to work with in Landscape than portrait orientation.
select the navigation element you want to move through - links, visited links, headers, form elements and move through those instead of having to navigate the whole page. To do that you select the element, then flick up and down to navigate between them.
Flicking left and right navigated through all the page elements.
iPad VoiceOver Gestures
Touch - speak/select item, under finger
One finger flick up - move to previous item using rotor setting
One finger flick down - move to next item using rotor setting
One finger flick right - move to next item
One finger flick left - move to previous item
Two finger flick up - read page starting at the top
Two finger flick down - read page starting at selected item
Two finger tap - start or stop action (like voice over reading)
also used to pause the ordered reading in two finger actions to allow you to select an item
Three finger flick up - scroll down one page
Three finger flick down - scroll up one page
Three finger flick left - scroll right one page
Three finger flick right - scroll left one page
Three finger tap - Speak the scroll status (which page or rows are visible).

Four finger flick left - move to previous container
Four finger flick right - move to next container
Four finger flick up - move to first element
Four finger flick down - move to last element
iBooks
A four finger swipe to the right reads the page, but stops at the end.
Two finger swipe down starts the reading and it continues page to page.
a two finger tap to pause reading
a two finger tap to resume reading
Select and Activate
Double-tap: Activate selected item. Touch an item with one finger, tap the screen with another finger ("split-tapping"):
Activate item. Double-tap and hold (1 second) + standard gesture: Use a standard gesture.
The double-tap and hold gesture tells iPad to interpret the subsequent gesture as standard. For example, you can double-tap and hold, and then without lifting your finger, drag your finger to slide a switch.
You can use standard gestures when VoiceOver is turned on, by double-tapping and holding your finger on the screen. A series of tones indicates that normal gestures are in force. They remain in effect until you lift your finger, then VoiceOver gestures resume.
Two-finger double tap: Play or pause in iPod, YouTube, Voice Memos, or Photos. Start or pause recording in Voice Memos. Start or stop the stopwatch.
Three-finger double tap: Mute or unmute VoiceOver.
Three-finger triple tap: Turn the display on or off, aka "screen curtain"