[rehab] RSA Rules

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 02:25:36 UTC 2012

Hey, everyone!

I just talked to the new VRC for my area in Oregon. She told me that RSA
rules say that communications between VRC and consumer must occur
face-to-face and cannot be done at all over e-mail. I can see why an
initial meeting would be best done one-on-one; however, I prefer all
communications occur via e-mail because that gives me a clear record of
everything, date and time stamped, with all that other lovely header
information. Also, honestly, e-mail communications are so much more
efficient for everyone! Easier on the state budget, too, and all.

Is what the VRC told me about RSA rules requiring that all meetings with
consumers be conducted one-on-one in person and that e-mail or other
forms of written communication are not allowed?

If so, how long has that been the case?

Assuming that the majority of you are Braille Monitor readers, perhaps
the mention that I am in Oregon will reveal why I don't believe a word
anyone from that agency says unless I find out from at least three other
sources. Or even one, since I usually can't find even that many. Sheesh!

Thanks!

Tami