[rehab] Job Announcement -- BEP Staff Manager Position in New Mexico

Salas, James, CFB James.Salas at state.nm.us
Thu Jun 28 18:06:25 UTC 2012

Greetings,

We are recruiting for a Staff Manager to run our Business Enterprise Program.  The position is in our Albuquerque office.  The actual job posting is quite lengthy and written very broadly, but the most relevant portions are provided below.  The closing date is July 8.

To reach the job posting, go to www.spo.state.nm.us, click the link to "Apply for state jobs online," and check the checkbox to review jobs within the Commission for the Blind.

I recommend that screen reader users utilize Internet Explorer to access the online application.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss the position.  Also, please forward this announcement to anyone you believe might  be interested in a great job with our agency.

Thanks.

Jim Salas
Deputy Director for VR Programs
NM Commission for the Blind
Phone 505.383.2251
James.Salas at state.nm.us
www.cfb.state.nm.us
---

New Mexico Commission for the Blind
Vacancy Announcement
- Job Title: BEP Staff Manager
- Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular - Permanent
- Closing Date: July 8, 2012
- Pay Grade: 75
- Salary: The salary range for these positions is $38,168-$67,870 per year ($18.35-$32.63 per hour). Offered salary will be based on education and experience.
- Benefits: Full State of New Mexico benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, annual leave, and holidays.
- Purpose of Position: Manage the day-to-day operation of the Business Enterprise Program which assists licensed blind vendors to operate facilities ranging from cafeteria service to vending routes in federal, state, county, and city buildings under the jurisdiction of the federal Randolph Sheppard Act and companion New Mexico statutes.
- Minimum Education and Experience requirements: Bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of professional experience in Food Service, Vending, Retail, or Business enterprise Program operations.  (Note: Any combination of education from an accredited college or university and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling nine (9) years may substitute for the required education and experience.)
- Employment Requirements:
- Regular travel is required.
-- If you have indicated in your application that you have an education higher than a high school diploma or GED, you must attach a copy of your unofficial transcript to the application. Your application WILL NOT be considered for further review if you have failed to provide this information.
- Statutory Requirements:
N/A
- Working Conditions:
-- Work is performed in both office and field settings with exposure to food products, dust, cleaning chemicals, Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT), and extensive personal computer and telephone usage.
-- Occasionally exposed to service animals.
- FLSA Status: Exempt.
- Bargaining Unit: This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Agency Contact Information: Kelly Quintana-Wagner, (505) 476.4456
- There are also approximately ten questions addressing education, experience, specialized qualifications, etc.
-- end